Coconut is a member of the Arecales family (palm family).It is also called Cocos nucifera which means coconut palm in the Plantae kingdom.
The coconut fruit is a popular fruit with lots of derived ingredients like Coconut oil,Coconut flour,Coconut milk,Coconut cream and Coconut sugar. These ingredients can be used for so many recipes and they are all used in different kitchens, restaurants and packaged foods.
Coconut oil is an edible oil for skin and beauty use,cooking use and it’s very useful. It is gotten from the kernel meat of mature coconuts harvested from the coconut palm.
Coconut sugar is gotten from the coconut sap,the sweet juice extracted when the budding flower is just about to grow.This process offers a delicious, sweet taste similar to brown sugar with a hint of caramel with vitamins, minerals and amino acids.They are considered to be low in glycemic and it is diabetic friendly. Coconut sugar are used the same way you use other sugars and sweeteners.
Coconut flour is gluten free,it is the dried,grounded up coconut meat.It is low in carbohydrates, high in fiber and an ideal ingredient for baking.
Health benefits of coconut flour
- It’s high in protein
- anti-fungal (perfect for candida suffers!)
- protects against strokes
- significant decrease in blood pressure
- boosting testosterone levels (stimulates formation of muscle tissue and breakdown of fat, reduces cellulite)
- low glycemic index, meaning the particular carbs only have a
- minor influence on blood sugar level
- balances blood sugar and insulin levels and increases insulin sensitivity, reducing symptoms associated with diabetes
- boosts thyroid function
- boost metabolism
- boosts energy production
- cleanses the body’s internal systems
- improves calcium and magnesium absorption in the body
- enhances bone and dental health
Coconut milk is gotten from mixing shredded, fresh coconut meat with water,then squeezing the juice out through a colander. The thick creamy liquid that comes out is coconut milk and can be used for so many recipes.
Health benefits of coconut milk
- Coconut milk also contains several antioxidant compounds, which can provide protection against the harmful free radicals and their damaging effects on the body cells and tissues.
- Coconut milk can improve the health of the digestive system and promote digestion. It can relieve the symptoms of stomach ulcers and acid reflux disease as well.
- Coconut milk can give about 22% of the recommended daily allowance of iron. With such a high level of iron, it can help to treat anemia caused by iron deficiency.
- Coconut milk may help to relax the nerves and the muscles, control blood sugar level, lower blood pressure and reduce joint inflammation.Coconut cream is much thicker than coconut milk because it was extracted without water. It is also pastier ,if you want to make or prepare thicker coconut curry or any kind of curry sauce without all the added liquid, use coconut cream in place of milk.
Coconut water is low in calories, carbohydrates and sugars and are completely fat free.It is high in ascorbic acid,Vitamin B and proteins. It rehydrates the body,lowers blood pressure,relieves hangovers,promotes weight loss,treats headaches,regulates blood sugar and slows down sugar.
Coconut water is not suitable for those that are allergic to nuts…
Coconuts are highly nutritious, rich in fiber and packed with essential vitamins and minerals.Fresh coconuts can either be young or mature.Young coconuts are more healthier than mature coconuts. Because they have the highest source of Electrolytes which are responsible for keeping our body hydrated so that the muscles and nerves can function very well.
Here are the health benefits of coconut
- Applying to skin will balance Ph levels,reduce acne,wrinkles,stretch marks,cellulite and eczema.
- Boosts immune system to fight cold and flu.
- It is used in IVS and plasma transfusions to save lives,contents are identical to human plasma.
- Completely safe for pregnant women or breastfeeding women and young children.
- 50 calories per cup.
- Hydrates better than water and has more electrolytes than Gatorade.
- It helps in weight loss.
- It helps to protect against kidney disease and bladder infection.
- It restores and supports thyroid function.
- It reduces the risk of heart health.
- It improves good cholesterol.
Coconuts are more useful than any fruit,they are ideal for cooking, beauty and skin and health too. So have some coconuts today in other for you to have these health benefits. Like they say health is wealth.♥♥